Friday, March 31, 2006

For the love of mango...

My Mango Salsa (link to recipe)...
Mangoes are 2 / $1 at our grocery store, I couldn't resist. I've tried them plain before but wanted to do more today. I was looking up the recipe for pickled ginger on the food network and then did a search to get some ideas for making something with the mango I bought. I am SO glad I did, the mango salsa and the coconut cilantro rice pilaf was pleasing. I served this with some pan cooked marinated brest of tofu. I will not fear this type of food combination again.
My whole meal...

My rice maker Coconut Cilantro Rice (link to recipe)
and side of brest of tofu, veggie, and salsa.
NOTES: The original recipes I based this meal on contained red onion. All I had was yellow, so I subbed but noticed that I needed the color contrast. I used currants to give that contrast with very flavorful and aesthetic results. I enjoyed this meal. I also sweetened the mango salsa more than food networks original recipe.

1 comment:

Amy O'Neill Houck said...

Mmm... looks nice, I'd like to try that rice.