Wednesday, April 19, 2006

4.19.06 Midweek Munchies

This week I don't have much of a post since I am waiting for my large once a month buying club order to come in next Thursday. We have been chowing on some organic romaine lettuce that I picked up on sale when I was out shopping last Thursday along with some Smart Deli Pastrami. Last Thursday I just bought spontaneously as I saw good sales. Here you see some *cranberry beans, *adzuki beans, *miso from Miso Master, Earth Balance mararine, Bob's Red Mill Corn Grits, and the book Vegan Deli. I paid full price for it but some if the marinated veggie recipes looked SO worth it.

Simple soup and sandwiches for supper tonight, tommorrow... I'm not sure yet. We had the stomach flu going around our house this past weekend and are still eating only what sounds good ... so far heavy foods just don't seem appealing to any of us.

I will be out of town this weekend Friday afternoon through Saturday evening. I hope to try a new restaurant whle I am gone, otherwise I will be packing sandwiches and fresh fruit for the road, stopping at Great Harvest Bread for breakfast, salad out for lunch with a soy protein bar, something snacky from the health food store I plan to visit on the way home . I'll have to think about what I have on hand to plan meals for Monday. Tuesday I'll be on a four hour long road trip and be gone for the whole day again. I'll probably eat at PITA PIT with my son for lunch. We love this place! We'll probably stop and eat Chinese on the trip home. That brings me back to Wednesday... meal will be a surprise I'm sure it will be something from my outing at a natural food store I like to stop at and then another opportunity to post for midweek munchies will follow.

No comments: